BLANC is the UK's fastest growing natural garment cleaning specialist. We are London-based, with concept stores in Marylebone and Notting Hill and an operations base in Park Royal (North Acton tube station on the Central line). In our stores and online we also sell a range of carefully selected eco-friendly and home decoration products.
BLANC cleans all clothes, even the most delicate, in a healthy, natural & sustainable way. We use biodegradable and health-friendly detergents instead of the toxic chemicals traditionally used by conventional dry cleaners. We smell good. We are ethical. We are convenient (24/7 pickup in store, a growing home collection and delivery for individuals and corporate clients). We recycle and re-use resources, from hangers to bags to waste produced in our facilities, and our stores look fabulous, often featuring in top style magazines such as Vogue, Elle and Vanity Fair.
We treat our staff fairly and honestly, and care a lot about their working conditions.
You can read more about us in the various Press articles we have had here.
Job on offer
Our business is expanding very quickly and we are looking for a talented and motivated HR Manager to join us for 3 days a week (or equivalent spread over the week) to lead the effort on recruitment, training, retaining talent and other key people-related tasks. Do you have a passion for finding the right people for a business and helping them grow? Are you dynamic and enthusiastic, solution oriented, and very organised? Are you health-minded, and/or have natural interest in the environment? If so, this position is for you.
This is a great opportunity for a very organised and people-oriented individual to grow into an HR Manager role based on talent and achievements.
Main role functions
- Recruitment: sourcing job candidates by screening, interviewing and testing applicants; notifying existing staff of internal opportunities; maintaining personnel records; obtaining temporary staff from agencies.
- Onboarding & Training: orienting new employees by providing orientation information packets; reviewing company policies; gathering payroll information; developing and delivering training programmes
- HR Admin: maintaining human resources records by recording new hires, transfers, terminations, changes in job classifications, merit increases; tracking vacation, sick, and personal time; completing forms, reports, logs, and records
- Promoting the company's reputation amongst potential candidates
Strategic watch: updating job knowledge and advising company by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications
Desired Skills and Experience
Minimum 3 years’ experience in HR
Other things to know
- This position is 3 days a week equivalent to start (can be spread over 4 or 5 days)
- Become one of the early stage employees in the industry’s fastest growing natural dry-cleaning company
- Open, respectful, fun company culture
- Attractive compensation
- Strong focus on your professional development and many opportunities for progression