Who we are looking for
We are looking for a hard-working, motivated and entrepreneurially minded intern needed to start as soon as possible, for a 6-month period to assist us with finance and financial controlling for the whole business.
Our ideal intern will be able to work independently (our intern will be expected to show a lot of initiative), passionate about finance – especially reporting, financial controlling, business planning and data analysis, and be tenacious and dedicated in their attitude to solving new and complex situations – we are very busy and there are many!
As a Finance & Accounting Intern, you will be multitasking across many different areas and projects, including bookkeeping, reporting, budgeting, business planning, raising debt and analysing data across all our business segments and locations. This is a chance to work directly under the supervision of our Head of Finance, an HEC graduate with over 15 years of experience in a mix of multinationals, companies under LBO and high growth businesses.
About the role
- Participation in the month-end close, suppliers and invoice controls, analytical review and reporting processes
- Start implementation of financial control function
- Supporting the Head of Finance and the wider business with ad-hoc requests for analysis Projects designed to improve the efficiency of the business by closely monitoring performance
- Involvement in the annual budget and business plan process
- Involvement in debt and funds raises
- Support implementation of KPIs across the business: extraction and analysis of data
- You are currently enrolled in a relevant degree e.g. Accounting & Finance, Economics, Mathematics or Business Finance
- You have at least one previous internship in Accounting, Finance or doing data analysis
- You have strong MS Office skills, particularly in Excel
- You will be numerate, analytical, with good attention to detail and very organised
- You are comfortable working independently, as well as in a team - Ability to ‘pick up and run’ with projects when necessary
- You have strong attention to detail
- Being green-minded is a plus!
- You are a positive and friendly person
- You MUST have the right to work in the UK
- You MUST be eligible for a Convention de Stage or similar tripartite agreement or receive the Erasmus+ fund, to apply for this internship.
What’s in it for you
- Be part of a company which places environmental and social values at the heart of everything
- Open, respectful, fun company culture
- Recreation / Staff Area with free organic fruit, coffee, tea, milk (and usually lots of birthday cakes!)
- A fun working environment with regular social events
- Pay: £600 per month
- Full-time role based at our Atelier in West London
- Own laptop needed with MS Office
BLANC is the UK's fastest-growing natural garment cleaning specialist. We are London-based, with concept stores in Marylebone, Notting Hill, Chelsea, White City and South Kensington. Our offices and operations base is in Park Royal (North Acton tube station on the Central line).
BLANC cleans all clothes, even the most delicate, in a healthy, natural and sustainable way. We use biodegradable and health-friendly detergents instead of the toxic chemicals traditionally used by conventional dry cleaners. You can read more about us in the Press articles (Vogue, Elle and Vanity Fair, etc) we have had here.
To apply, please send us your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org with an introductory email outlining why you would be a great addition to our team. We look forward to hearing from you!