BLANC is the UK's fastest growing natural garment cleaning specialist. We are London-based, with concept stores in Marylebone, Notting Hill and Chelsea and an operations base in Park Royal (North Acton tube station on the Central line). In our stores and online we also sell a range of carefully selected eco-friendly household products.
BLANC cleans all clothes, even the most delicate, in a healthy, natural and sustainable way. We use biodegradable and health-friendly detergents instead of the toxic chemicals traditionally used by conventional dry cleaners. We smell good. We are ethical. We are convenient (24/7 pick up in store, a growing home collection and delivery for individuals and corporate clients). We recycle and re-use resources, from hangers to bags to waste produced in our facilities, and our stores look fabulous, often featuring in top style magazines. We have partnerships with tens of fashion brands who are increasingly looking for ways to become more sustainable, and to provide great after-sale services to their customers.
We treat our staff fairly and honestly, and care a lot about their working conditions.
You can read more about us in the various Press articles we have had here, including praise from VOGUE, Vanity Fair or The Guardian.
About the Role
BLANC is currently growing very fast and requires all hands on deck. We are looking for an experienced, motivated and entrepreneurially minded professional to manage our marketing department under the guidance of our co-founder and CXO Mathilde. Our dream Marketing Manager is passionate about marketing, understands how technology can improve the online and physical user experience for customers and is tenacious and dedicated in their attitude to solving problems and finding solutions.
As our Marketing Manager, you will present to the world everything that BLANC stands for: a caring, efficient and honest service. You will be responsible for the effective execution of our marketing and communications strategy with the overarching goal of growing the BLANC brand and community through increasing overall visibility, store traffic, web traffic and user engagement. Your input to the overall company strategy will be welcomed so entrepreneurial personalities with initiative and drive are highly encouraged!
Your daily duties will include (but not be limited to!):
- Creating, alongside the CXO, the marketing strategy and milestones for the company as well as strategic partnerships
- Designing, drafting and implementing various types of content creation, e.g. videos, blog posts, short content marketing pieces, or visual showcases with the help of our designers
- Being in charge of BLANC's social media communities (Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook) and creating engaging content to grow our audience and increase traffic to the BLANC website, stores and App
- Drafting and implementing a schedule of segmented email communications to BLANC’s different user groups to let them know more about our services and products, and encourage them to visit our stores and website
- Use Google Analytics and BLANC's own user data to analyse and report on customer behaviour and conversion
- Developing marketing partnerships with relevant partner organisations and engaging with B2B customers
- Supporting our fashion, business and charity partner organisations to spread the word about sustainable fashion and BLANC by liaising with them on joint communications and marketing campaigns.
- Managing 2 full time interns that will support you in your various tasks - one in print marketing & communication, one in digital marketing
- You have at least 5 years experience in a B2C agency or marketing role, preferably in fashion and/or sustainability, and will be able to showcase a good portfolio of projects managed from end-to-end
- You have excellent written and oral English as a lot of copyrighting will be required (BA in English a plus)
- You have a good understanding of digital marketing techniques including segmented email marketing, social media, and SEO optimisation
- You have very strong communication skills, including online content creation
- You have great visual presentation skills - strong Keynote, PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite, or visual layout skills are a plus
- You are proficient in Excel and enjoy analysing user data to help inform future strategies
- You are keen to jump in on a range of tasks across the company and aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty!
- You have a positive and friendly attitude - we are a small team and personal fit matters a tremendous lot to us
- Being green-minded is a plus!
What’s in it for you
- Expanding your skills in a start-up environment, with direct access to the CEO and CXO and with plenty of room to grow
- Vibrant West London office - easy access on the Central Line
- Being part of a business for good - that places social and environmental impact alongside commercial success - with an open, respectful, fun company culture
- Being at the forefront of transforming the fashion industry for the better, working with the people and businesses who are truly creating change and leading the way