BLANC (blancliving.co) is the UK's fastest growing natural garment care specialist (drycleaning, laundry & tailoring). We are London-based, with deliveries throughout London to Homes and Businesses and concept stores in Marylebone, Notting Hill, Chelsea, and soon in White City (near Westfield). Our operations are based in a bright and airy Atelier in Park Royal (North Acton tube station on the Central Line). In our stores and online we also sell a range of carefully selected eco-friendly household products.
BLANC cleans all clothes, even the most delicate, in a healthy, natural & sustainable way. We use biodegradable and health-friendly detergents instead of the toxic chemicals traditionally used by conventional dry cleaners. We smell good. We are ethical. We are convenient (24/7 pick up in store, a growing home collection and delivery for individuals and corporate clients). We recycle and re-use resources, from hangers to bags to waste produced in our facilities, and our stores look fabulous, often featuring in top style magazines. We have partnerships with tens of fashion brands who are increasingly looking for ways to become more sustainable, and to provide great after-sale services to their customers.
We treat our staff fairly and honestly, and care a lot about their working conditions.
You can read more about us in the various Press articles we have had here, including praise from VOGUE, Vanity Fair or The Guardian.
About the Role
BLANC is currently growing very fast and requires all hands on deck. We are looking for an experienced, motivated and entrepreneurially minded professional to drive significant growth primarily in business (B2B) sales. The role is to generate leads, approach contacts, and convert leads into business opportunities with the full guidance and support of our Founder & CEO Ludovic Blanc. The position also has a strong account management angle in order to follow existing customers, ensure they receive the best service at all time, and enable potential upselling and cross selling.
Our dream Business Development Manager is passionate about people and developing businesses, understands how technology can improve the online & physical user experience for customers, and is tenacious and dedicated in their attitude to solving problems and finding solutions.
As our Business Development Manager, you will present to the world everything that BLANC stands for: a caring, efficient & honest service. You will be responsible for the effective execution of our Sales & Business Development Strategy, with the overarching goal of growing the BLANC presence through smart commercial partnerships with a diverse base of business and private VIP customers, increased sales, and an expanding store & delivery network. You will be multitasking across many different areas and projects, including sales and business development, real estate, recruitment, logistics (how to get the product to our customers operationally), product and customer facing activities. You will also work very closely with our marketing and customer service teams. This is a chance to work at the heart of a small team of entrepreneurs and to get involved at all levels of the business. Your input to the overall company strategy will be welcomed so entrepreneurial personalities with initiative and drive are highly encouraged!
Your daily duties will include (but not be limited to):
Business Development & Account Management:
- Developing sales strategies to attract new corporate customers (our B2B clients), as well as developing our stores and home deliveries activities
- Developing fashion, business & charity partnerships with other brands and suppliers
- Implementing and maintaining long-term relationships with key accounts (our VIPs and B2B clients) by finding ways to solve all problems for them, or new solutions and services to make them even happier
- Organising trade shows and other key brand events
- Gathering customer feedback to aid product development and user experience
- Researching ideas that could help support the development of the brand
- Researching new store locations
- Managing a full time intern that will support you in your various tasks
- You have at least 3 years experience in a sales or business development role and will be able to showcase a good portfolio of projects managed from end-to-end
- You have excellent written and oral English, and are a good communicator across all communications channels (“face to face”, phone, email, LinkedIn, social media, forums, trade shows) and all seniority levels (starting level staff to top executive)
- You have a strong commercial mindset and a very go-getting attitude. You can comfortably: generate leads, approach contacts, convert leads into business opportunities, upsell, cross sell
- You are comfortable working independently, as well as in a team - you have the ability to ‘pick up and run’ with projects when necessary
- You are proficient in Excel and enjoy analysing user data to help inform future strategies
- You are keen to jump in on a range of tasks across the company and aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty!
- You are organised and able to keep track of your work to ensure optimal delivery of objectives
- You are honest, innovative, have a positive and friendly attitude - we are a small team and cultural fit matters a lot to us
- Being green-minded and knowledge of fashion is a plus!
What’s in it for you
- Expanding your skills in a start-up environment, with direct access to the CEO and CXO and with plenty of room to grow
- Vibrant West London office - easy access on the Central Line
- Being part of a business for good - that places social & environmental impact alongside commercial success - with an open, respectful, fun company culture
- Being at the forefront of transforming the fashion industry for the better, working with the people and businesses who are truly creating change and leading the way
To apply, please send us your CV with a brief introductory email outlining why you would be a great addition to our team to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!