Who we are looking for
We are looking for a talented and motivated full-time laundry operative to work at our West London Atelier and help support the growth of our natural laundry & eco-friendly dry cleaning business based in North Acton. Your focus will be to organise deliveries with care, precision and with quality always paramount.
About the role
- Working at the warehouse to assist in managing delivery and collection services
- Assisting with detailing, tagging, sorting orders
- Quality checking, assembling, and packing orders
- Ensuring all orders are ready for dispatch to stores and deliveries as per delivery manifest
- Communicating with stores to ensure all orders are received and providing order status proactively
- Ensuring the system is updated promptly
- You have strong attention to detail
- You speak English
- You have a passion to deliver excellent service
- You are proactive, willing to learn, a team player, dynamic and enthusiastic
- You are solution-oriented, a very organised person
- Being green-minded is a plus!
What’s in it for you
- Open, respectful, fun company culture
- Recreation / Staff Area with free organic fruit, coffee, tea, milk (and usually lots of birthday cakes!)
- Fun working environment with regular social events
Not many people know, but conventional dry cleaning is extremely toxic. Despite its name, conventional dry cleaning is neither dry nor clean, as this process includes soaking the garments in solvent-based cleaners.
At BLANC, we believe that the world needs a sustainable and convenient way of cleaning the many clothes designers produce each year and that people want a trusted and caring partner to do this for them. A partner who understands that we need to make clothes last.
BLANC is a natural artisan dry cleaner, tailor and launderer with award-winning stores in central London and a large Atelier in West London (where all the fun stuff happens). Since launching in 2013, BLANC has cleaned all clothes, even the most delicate, in a healthy, natural and sustainable way. We use biodegradable and health-friendly detergents instead of the toxic chemical solvents traditionally used by conventional dry cleaners. We treat our staff fairly and honestly and care a lot about their working conditions.
Since launching in 2013 we have cleaned close to a million garments and served over 18,000 customers across London. As the UK’s fastest-growing natural garment care specialist, we are working with some of the most exciting fashion brands in the world. We are an innovative company with an entrepreneurial spirit and a great passion for everything we do. Read more about our adventures in Vogue, The Telegraph or The Guardian.