BLANC is London's fastest growing health and eco-friendly garment cleaning specialist. We are London-based, with concept stores in Marylebone and Notting Hill and an office based in Park Royal (North Acton tube station on the Central line). In our stores and online we sell a range of carefully selected eco-friendly and home decoration products.
BLANC cleans all clothes, even the most delicate, in a healthy, natural and sustainable way. We use biodegradable and health-friendly detergents instead of the toxic chemicals traditionally used by drycleaners. We smell good. We are ethical. We are convenient (24/7 pickup in store, a growing home collection and delivery for individuals and corporate clients). We recycle and re-use resources, from hangers to bags to waste produced in our facilities.
We treat our staff fairly and honestly, and care a lot about their working conditions.
You can read more about us in the various Press articles we have had here.
Job on offer
Our business is expanding very fast and we are looking for talented and motivated seamstresses / tailors to work at our West London Atelier and in our Central London stores from time to time to help support the growth of our quickly growing alterations, repairs and bespoke tailoring business. The chosen applicant will have knowledge of one-to-one fitting of garments, properties of all materials, and alterations of complex garments. Candidates MUST have experience on industrial machines and of completing alterations and repairs to a very high standard. This Seamstress / Tailor Position is available immediately for the right candidate.
Main role functions
- Providing an efficient tailoring service to customers
- Demonstrating excellent garments and tailoring knowledge
- Ensuring that customers receive the highest standards of customer service, including giving advice when and as appropriate
- Complying with BLANC values: honesty, respect, quality, innovation
Desired Skills and Experience
- Sewing Experience: minimum 5 years
- Must be able to speak, read and write English and have excellent customer service skills
- A genuine passion for garments and designer items and an interest in the retail and fashion industry
- Ability to maintain continuously high standards, with excellent attention to detail
- Experience of working with intricate pieces with an understanding of the art of tailoring to the highest standard
- Excellent communication skills and experience of communicating with demanding clients
- Maintaining the highest standards of seamstressing and tailoring in line with BLANC standards within the boutique
- Strong organisational skills
- Become one of the early-stage employees in the industry’s fastest growing natural dry-cleaning company
- Open, respectful, fun company culture
- Attractive compensation
- Strong focus on your professional development and many opportunities for progression
Other Things to Know
- This is a full time job