Not many people know, but conventional dry cleaning is extremely toxic. Despite its name, conventional dry cleaning is neither dry nor clean, as this process includes soaking the garments in solvent-based cleaners.
At BLANC, we want to change that. We believe that the world needs a sustainable and convenient way of cleaning the many clothes designers produce each year and that people want a trusted and caring partner to do this for them. A partner who understands that we need to make clothes last. BLANC is a natural artisan dry cleaner, tailor and launderer with award-winning stores in central London and a large Atelier in West London (where all the fun stuff happens).
Since launching in 2013 we have cleaned close to a million garments and served over 18,000 customers across London. As the UK’s fastest-growing natural garment care specialist, we are working with some of the most exciting fashion brands in the world. We are an innovative company with an entrepreneurial spirit and a great passion for everything we do.
Read more about our adventures in Vogue, The Telegraph or The Guardian.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a talented and motivated full-time tailor to work at our West London Atelier and help support the growth of our alterations services at our natural laundry & eco-friendly dry cleaning business.
Your responsibilities as a
- Providing an efficient tailoring service to customers
- Demonstrating excellent garments and tailoring knowledge
- Ensuring that customers receive the highest standards of customer service, including giving advice when and as appropriate
- Complying with BLANC values: honesty, respect, quality, innovation
Skills and Experience Required
- Sewing Experience: minimum of 5 years
- Must be able to speak, read and write English and have excellent customer service skills
- A genuine passion for garments and designer items and an interest in the retail and fashion industry
- Ability to maintain continuously high standards, with excellent attention to detail
- Experience of working with intricate pieces with an understanding of the art of tailoring to the highest standard
- Experience in altering men's suits, jackets and coats
- Excellent communication skills and experience of communicating with demanding clients
- Maintaining the highest standards of seamstressing and tailoring in line with BLANC standards within the boutique
- Strong organisational skills
What's in it for you
- Open, respectful, fun company culture
- Recreation / Staff Area with free organic fruit, coffee, tea, milk (and usually lots of birthday cakes!)
- Fun working environment with regular social events
- Annual summer and Christmas parties
- Attractive compensation
- Pension scheme
- Strong focus on your professional development, including workshops and events, and many opportunities for progression