About the role
BLANC is currently growing extremely fast and requires all hands on deck. We are looking for a hard-working, motivated and entrepreneurially minded student to assist us with the various work streams associated with the daily operations of the business. Our dream intern will be able to work independently (we are very stretched and our intern will be expected to show a lot of initiative), passionate about start-ups (there is a lot to do in many different areas and without a lot of resources), will understand how technology can improve the online and physical user experience for customers by improving production processes, be tenacious and dedicated in their attitude to solving problems – we are very busy and there are many! As an Operations Intern you will be working directly with the Operations Manager and Factory Manager. You will work hand-in-hand to improve processes based on Kaizen and Six Sigma principles, with a special focus on developing the sustainability initiatives either currently underway or future. You will be multitasking across different areas including production, store operations, data collection & analysis, logistics, and process improvement projects. This is a chance to work at the heart of a small team of entrepreneurs and to get involved at all levels of the business.
We will expect the successful candidate to spend between half day to a day per week working with helping in the Atelier and in stores. We believe that such implication at the heart of the business will provide you with the necessary insight to successfully complete the other tasks in your internship and get to interact with the various teams and areas of the business.
● Supporting the Operations Director and Factory Manager and in any task they
require to improve the production and delivery process, with a special focus on sustainability
● Assisting in ongoing daily operations in the factory (the “Atelier”)
● Assisting in logistics and delivery management
● Assisting in the management of Factory supplies and supplier
● Assist in implementing process improvement strategies and standardization
● Help researching new systems & tech to make the business more efficient
● Help research for new sustainable use of energy
● Help find and implement alternative eco-friendly and sustainable supplies for an eco-friendly process thru and thru
● Help with setting up new stores on a technical and practical point of view.
Experience and Skills Required
● Excellent written communication skills (in English) needed
● Comfortable in working in an office as well as a factory environment
● Good attention to detail and very organised
● Comfortable working independently, as well as in a team
● Ability to ‘pick up and run’ with projects when necessary
● Self starter with an entrepreneurial mentality and commercial mindset
● Positive and friendly attitude
● Some experience with either Excel or CRM tools will be an advantage.
What's is in for you
● Intern needed from March or April 2019 for a 6-month period
● Pay: £139.50 per week (or £600 per month)
● Right to work in the UK (VISA owner or EU member)
● Own laptop needed
● Full-time role based mainly in Acton (with occasional trips to our stores in Notting-Hill, Marylebone, Chelsea and White City)
BLANC (blancliving.co) is a natural dry cleaner, tailor & launderer. Our award-winning concept stores in Marylebone, Notting Hill and Chelsea sell a range of carefully curated stylish, natural homewares and household products. We also have a growing collection & delivery service for individuals and corporate clients.
We launched in London in 2013 because we believed that the energy we put into the world should help improve it. We think that we as a company can contribute to improving the life of our staff, customers & neighbours. We can do this by decreasing toxicity in cleaning and the environment, enabling our customers to live more healthily and inspiring change in our industry. To do this, we use a natural alternative to conventional dry cleaning which is suitable for everything with a dry clean label. Our technology replaces the soaking of clothes in toxic chemicals with expert use of biodegradable detergents in high tech gentle cycles. We promise a high-quality clean, finish & service, natural processes & products, and convenience in everything we do.Our client base includes celebrities, prestigious boutique hotels, fashion designers, hedge funds and banks. The Evening Standard elected us one of London’s best “drycleaners".
We’re VOGUE’s Fashion Features Director’s favourite cleaners, one of ELLE Decoration’s
London “hotspots”, The Guardian’s “Green Crush”, and the Business of Fashion’s next Net-A-Porter.
The Company’s founders are an HEC graduate and former President of HEC Junior
Entreprise, with over 12 years of professional experience, mainly in Investment Banking,and his wife, HEC graduate also with almost 10 years of professional experience in banking and business development. Both founders have long standing experience in managing junior talents and will be providing extensive guidance and learning opportunities in all aspects of business to the successful candidate.
To apply, please send us your CV with a brief introductory email to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining why you would be a great addition to our team. We look forward to hearing from you!