BLANC (blancliving.co) is a natural dry cleaner, tailor & launderer. Our award-winning concept stores in Marylebone, Notting Hill and Chelsea sell a range of carefully curated stylish, natural homewares and household products. We also have a growing collection & delivery service for individuals and corporate clients.
We launched in London in 2013 because we believed that the energy we put into the world should help improve it. We think that we as a company can contribute to improving the life of our staff, customers & neighbours. We can do this by decreasing toxicity in cleaning and the environment, enabling our customers to live more healthily and inspiring change in our industry. To do this, we use a natural alternative to conventional dry cleaning which is suitable for everything with a dry clean label. Our technology replaces the soaking of clothes in toxic chemicals with expert use of biodegradable detergents in high tech gentle cycles. We promise a high-quality clean, finish & service, natural processes & products, and convenience in everything we do.
Our client base includes celebrities, prestigious boutique hotels, fashion designers, hedge funds and banks. The Evening Standard voted us one of London’s best “drycleaners". We’re VOGUE’s Fashion Features Director’s favourite cleaners, one of ELLE Decoration’s London “hotspots”, The Guardian’s “Green Crush”, and the Business of Fashion’s next Net-A-Porter.
The Company’s founders are an HEC graduate and former President of HEC Junior Enterprise, with over 12 years of professional experience, mainly in Investment Banking, and his wife, HEC graduate also with almost 10 years of professional experience in banking and business development. Both founders have long standing experience in managing junior talents and will be providing extensive guidance and learning opportunities in all aspects of business to the successful candidate.
About the role
BLANC is currently growing extremely fast and requires all hands on deck. We are looking for a hard-working, motivated and entrepreneurially minded student to assist us with production operations.
Our dream intern will be able to work independently (we are very stretched and our intern will be expected to show a lot of initiative), have a great eye for detail, and be tenacious and dedicated in their attitude to solving problems – we are very busy and there are many!
As an Operations and Process Intern, you will be multitasking across many different areas and projects, including e-commerce, store management, visual merchandising and product development, and other product and customer facing activities. This is a chance to work at the heart of a small team of entrepreneurs and to get involved at all levels of the business.
- Supporting Operations Director and Factory Manager in any task they require to improve the production and delivery process
- Assisting in ongoing daily operations in the factory (Atelier)
- Assisting in logistics and delivery management
- Assisting in management of supplies and suppliers
- Assisting in implementing process improvement strategies
- Help researching new systems & tech to make the business more efficient
- Help with setting up new stores
- Assisting in recruitment: post ads, review CVs, pre-selection interviews through phone calls, assist interviews
- Excellent written communication skills (in English) needed
- Excellent attention to detail and very organised / detail oriented
- Commercial mindset
- Interest in Eco-friendly processes and recycling
- Comfortable working independently, as well as in a team - ability to ‘pick up and run’ with projects when necessary * Self starter with entrepreneurial mentality
- Positive and friendly attitude
- Experience or formation in Industrial engineering or Supply Chain is a plus
Some experience with either Excel or CRM tools will be an advantage.
What you should know
- Pay: £100 per week (or £430 per month)
- Full-time role based alternatively in our Atelier in Acton (West London) as well as in store (Notting Hill, Marylebone, Chelsea, and White City)
- 3 to 6 months role starting September or January
- Own laptop needed with MS Office; Adobe Suite will be a plus
To apply, please send us your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief introductory email outlining why you would be a great addition to our team. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply